< Previous | Contents | Next >

2. The device must accept any

interference received, including interference that may cause

undesired operation of the device.

Changes or modifications to any of these systems by other than an

authorized service facility could void authorization to use this equipment.


Reporting Safety Defects

Reporting Safety Defects to the United States Government

If you believe that your vehicle

has a defect which could cause a crash or could cause injury or

death, you should immediately inform the National Highway

Traffic Safety Administration

(NHTSA) in addition to notifying General Motors.

If NHTSA receives similar

complaints, it may open an

investigation, and if it finds that a safety defect exists in a group of

vehicles, it may order a recall and remedy campaign. However,

NHTSA cannot become involved in individual problems between you, your dealer, or General





To contact NHTSA, you may call

the Vehicle Safety Hotline toll-free at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY:

1-800-424-9153); go to http:// www.safercar.gov; or write to:

Administrator, NHTSA

1200 New Jersey Avenue, S.E. Washington, D.C. 20590

You can also obtain other

information about motor vehicle

safety from http://www.safercar.gov.

Reporting Safety Defects to the Canadian Government

If you live in Canada, and you believe that the vehicle has a

safety defect, notify Transport

Canada immediately, and notify General Motors of Canada

Company. Call Transport Canada at 1-800-333-0510; go to:

www.tc.gc.ca/recalls (English) www.tc.gc.ca/rappels (French) or write to: